Comcast Manager, Data Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for drawing conclusions, providing performance and industry insight, and making recommendations based on strategic understanding of data for Programming and Account Management teams. Provides subject matter guidance on content performance, availability and opportunities to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies. Assists in strategic development and analysis of programming stunts and best practices.
- Partners closely with internal organizations to analyze competitive and performance data and develop Key Performance Indicators for programming goal measurement.
- Support high-priority, strategic initiatives for the Video Entertainment Team.
- Lead strategic planning and forecasting for key segments.
- Optimize video offerings based on insights from data and analyses.
- Manages multiple vendor relationships, reporting tools and budgets. Assesses current reporting capabilities, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develops detailed analysis of competitive landscape to inform content strategy for Editorial, Marketing and Content Partnership teams.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives including video consumption and engagement across platforms.
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends cost-effective alternatives.
- Conducts full analyses of changes affecting customers and operations and ensures impacts are accurately integrated into forecasts.
- Carries out post-event analyses to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with changes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or management consulting with a focus on the media and/or online sectors or in a strategy/financial planning role at a leading media or online company preferred.
- Experience with online subscription services a plus.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills desired.
- Due diligence and data room management experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills and thought leadership.
- Technical understanding and working knowledge of online technologies and businesses.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer