Comcast Director Intake Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing a team of Software Architects or Software
Engineers. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for
potential use within the company. Designs and develops updated
infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Mentors and
leads architects and/or engineers. Identifies and drives issues through
closure. Monitors budgets and makes recommendations influencing
budgets, operations, and technology future vision.
- Interfaces with the senior leadership team and other functional areas
to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet business
needs; ensures timelines are met.
- Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices
including but not limited to the following: coding standards,
object-oriented design, platform and framework specific design concerns,
and human interface guidelines.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects
- Monitors current and future trends, technology, and information that
will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates
emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture.
Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation
- Contributes to the overall systems implementation strategy for the
enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings,
presentations, etc. to meet that goal.
- Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where
technology leverage is possible to improve business process; defines
architectural approaches and develops technology proofs. Communicates
- Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery.
- Contributes to and supports efforts to further build intellectual
property via patents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer