Comcast Analyst, Data Quality in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for working cross-functionally to collect data and develop
models to determine trends utilizing a variety of data sources. Imports,
cleans, transforms, or manipulates data with the purpose of
understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making
purposes. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Determines relevancy of data and identifies alternative data sources
as needed to ensure analytics requested by business owners and technical
associates can be completed.
- Analyzes large, complex data to determine actionable business insights
using self-service analytics and reporting tools.
- Performs basic research on root cause of data anomalies that are
uncovered through normal course of analysis.
- Writes complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL
server, Oracle, and Hadoop to obtain data necessary for analysis.
Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete
- Participates in defining business intelligence requirements for
projects and data requests.
- Participates in multiple enterprise wide projects by providing data
analysis to project leaders.
- Follows best practices and established policies in business
intelligence data analysis, maintenance, and data quality.
- Produces a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations
that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Business, Business Intelligence, Information Systems, or related field
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer