Comcast Strategic Relationship Director in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a New York based Strategic Relationship Director (SRD) who will report to the Vice President, Client Relationships. In this position, you will work with the Strategic Relationship Management team. The SRM will be responsible for ensuring that FreeWheel always has close relationships with its clients at the highest levels possible. SRMs are the ultimate business owners of our clients. The ideal candidate will comfortable developing relationships, managing a book of business and solving highly complex problems.
Develop Client Relationships
Relationship account management whereby the SSRD builds relationships across the clients' organization at both executive and non-executive levels
- Deeply understand each client's business including business models, key operating statistics, high-level technical architectures, key partnerships, and company organizational structure and builds strategic account plans accordingly
- Handle business escalations for assigned accounts
- Assist in prioritizing workload within and across assigned accounts
- Possess the leadership skills necessary to work with a large and complex client, acting as the primary point of contact for all revenue and related strategic initiatives
Sales/Book of Business
Consistently hit revenue and booking targets
Being a general manager for your book of business to understand where to move around revenue, so that you consistently hit the numbers
- Have foresight into your misses and an ability to act on those misses (i.e. understanding why you might not make the number and having a plan of what to do about it)
- Identify areas of growth where customer may leverage additional FreeWheel technologies and services
- Ability to be able move opportunities through the sales cycle to completion
- Handle contracting, negotiation and pricing for up/cross sell opportunities
Identify and diagnose solutions around client needs
- Solutions aptitude and knowing what you have to sell to your customers
- Partner with Sales Solutions team to identify and present Freewheel solutions to clients
Understand the online video business, the TV and cable industry (in particular, how to work with MVPDs), and the challenges facing a typical enterprise media company
- Understand where FreeWheel fits into the broader technology space and how the different vendors in the "Lumascape" fit in with our business.
- Work with the Partner team to identify potential leads to form a broader partnership with.
8-10 years of experience in a consultative, client-facing role with a SaaS technology company or media company
Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent; MBA a plus
- Strong understanding of the media landscape
- Strong understanding of the interplay between MVPDs and programmers
- Demonstrated passion and talent for technology. Candidate must have the capability to be conversant with Product and Technology leaders both internally and across our client base
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer