Comcast Associate Product Manager, API in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY :
FreeWheel is hiring an Associate Product Manager based in NYC (San Francisco or London OK) who will own and manage FreeWheel's APIs, cross-product functionality, and other client integrations. In this position, you will work with clients across the product team to ensure they are able to execute their business safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Own end-to-end ideation, design, and delivery of features and technologies that enable FreeWheel clients to organize and deliver ads into their content
- Help set product strategy and direction for APIs across FreeWheel
- Work across FreeWheel to ensure API best practices are documented, trained, and enforced
- Identify new product opportunities from industry trends and challenges, and perform market/competitive analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap
- Holistically understand core business problems and requirements from clients, prospects, sales and support, in order to invent efficient and useful solutions
- Using agile methodologies, oversee the engineering team's product development efforts, ensuring the final product is functional, operational, and meets design and feature specifications
- Partner with various functions including sales, marketing, client services, and product management to successfully position products and features for successful client use
- Use limited resources effectively, by building business cases for new products and features and prioritizing needs based on team objectives; clearly highlight business use cases and vet assumptions prior to further investment
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success metrics of owned products with each feature
- Maintain a general awareness and understanding of the advertising/media operations and cable TV/content-providers landscape, including vendors, partners, and new dynamic web-advertising technologies
- Position requires approximately 20% time for travel (domestic and international)
ABOUT YOU :
- 1-3 years of Product Management or equivalent experience with successful history of delivering customer-oriented and complex solutions in a fast-moving environment
- CS degree or 3 years' experience as an engineer
- Ability to adapt to change in marketplace, development process, and priorities
- Superior communication skills, with colleagues, teams, and customers
- Outstanding project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand database architectures.
- Must be able to develop an excellent grasp of the strategic, competitive and economic dimensions of our clients' businesses.
- Super-smart, passionate about what you do, funny (or, at least can take a joke), and fired up about the opportunity in front of FreeWheel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer