Comcast Network & Service BI Analysis Engineer in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Position Summary: As a member of a network and service analysis team, the Network Engineer3 will be responsible for the deployment, maintenance and health of our Business Intelligence (BI) platform as well as possess the background, capacity and desire to grow into a data analyst.
- Deployment of BI probe network. Involves ordering, tracking, deploying and configuring networking equipment, databases and analysis servers supporting the BI project. Includes limited overnight maintenance window work.
- Maintenance of BI probe network. Includes implementation of regular code upgrades to the networking equipment and servers and troubleshooting problems as they arise. Will own responsibility for overall health of the platform.
- Support the business by analyzing demand trends, identifying data problems, and generating executive reporting, as necessary.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields. The equivalent in related work experience and self study may be substituted. Ideal candidate should have network deployment/ network administration skills along with a strong desire to expand into data analysis.
- Experience with Sandvine equipment & configuration preferred, though not required
- 2-3 years of network equipment deployment & administration
- Proficient in MySQL or similar query languages (Oracle, Vertica, Microsoft SQL, etc.)
- Proficient in Python or similar language for data mining/analysis
- Curious about big data applications; although, not required to have knowledge of Hadoop technologies / query building
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.