Comcast Manager, Marketing Research & Planning / Business Support & Analytics in Manchester, New Hampshire
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The highly preferred location for this position is Manchester, NH. There may be an option for this position to be located in Hudson, NH or Chelmsford, MA.
This individual contributor position is a key partner to the Northeast Division Marketing team delivering business insight through quantitative analytics. As the subject matter expert, this position will be responsible for proactively analyzing, planning and communicating business performance and strategic trends. Through delivering business insights and high impact analysis this role will drive improved business performance. By mining data to find the compelling story the successful candidate will work in an atmosphere which strives for continuous improvement. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing, gathering, analyzing and interpreting information about a market, product, or service. This includes past, present and potential customers. Reviews and produces research into the characteristics, spending habits, locations and needs of the business's target market, the industry as a whole and its competitors. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies.
- Delivers daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as required.
- Acts as the analytics and reporting SME, also supports regional partners.
- Provides necessary reporting (new or current) to analyze offer performance.
- Partners with the organization to understand analytical needs and develops appropriate solutions (ex. dashboards, ad hoc analysis, re-occurring reporting).
- Supports execution of annual subscriber budget with reporting, analysis and insights into performance and opportunities.
- Collaborates in the launch of new products with analysis and reporting to facilitate execution excellence.
- Provide informed decision making by providing key insights focusing on targeted segments.
- Continuous review and enhancements of reporting and analytics to improve business insight.
- Create actionable insight and understanding through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Build recommendations that directly address business objectives.
- Concurrently focus on long-term strategic imperatives for the business while also being aware of short-term requirements.
- Manages the execution of research and analytics projects and provides reports/summaries of findings.
- Interprets market research data, analyzes market and product trends, customer insights & strategy and makes recommendations to business based on findings.
- Identifies and stays current on new trends and seeks new ways to utilize research to support Company initiatives.
- Oversees the research of target markets, ratings and market responses to programs and campaigns.
- Manages market research budget.
- Works with divisions and regions to design data collection methods and analysis processes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong data, analytical, reporting and story-telling skills strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Intermediate SQL experience preferred.
- Project management experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer