Comcast Supervisor, Construction in Houston, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military experience welcome!
Responsible for supervising and monitoring Specialist, Technicians, and contractors as well as the safety and progress of Construction personnel. Negotiates and monitors progress on new build, rebuild, extension, expansion, design, and planning. Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support, technical, or production staff who perform tasks in the same function. Sets priorities for the team. Assigns tasks and checks work at regular intervals. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Supervises direct and functional reports. Coaches and monitors performance of employees to established goals and objectives.
- Inspects the quality of work of employees and contractors regularly, ensuring that all standards (federal, state, and Company) are followed.
- Develops and implements appropriate methods, practices, policies, and procedures. Informs employees of changed processes.
- Develops and assigns work schedules.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order. Assists with the coordination of projects.
- Tracks all activity for Construction and reports accordingly.
- Plans all facets of the construction process, rendering decision on workflow, production planning and control, and material and labor cost control.
- Acts as liaison with appropriate Company Engineering personnel, Company consultants, and vendors.
- Reviews and/or submits contractor invoices for approval.
- Practices Company safety policies and procedures and ensures they are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer