Comcast Supervisor, Headend in Denver, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!
Responsible for supervising and coordinating job functions of headend technicians. Supervises the daily operations of the headend department. Coordinates activities between departments to ensure continuous business operation. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Establishes performance goals and monitors progress through coaching, mentoring and career development.
- Communicates and manages Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures system and staff is able to respond to the demands of new technology deployment through demonstrative methods.
- Works with other departments as necessary to maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of new technology being deployed.
- Supports, trains, and motivates employees.
- Ensures that all headend compliance requirements including FCC technical standards are correct and up to date.
- Assists in troubleshooting and repairing assigned systems in conjunction with subordinates and vendors to ensure timely and effective remedies.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer