Comcast Sr. Manager, Customer Care (Vendor Management) in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This position can be located in any of the following locations and potentially anywhere in the US (preferably in the Northeast):
Responsible for managing all phases of services provided by the Customer Account Executive (CAE). Leads the 3rd party CAE teams to achieve and deliver the Comcast Quality Experience (CQE), excellent levels of customer service, ensure call quality within the call center, and deliver tight operational and financial controls in a cost effective manner. Handles multiple tasks to help drive efficiencies and managing performance, project cost, and subscriber activity to increase effectiveness of departmental projects. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees. This is an individual contributor position.
- Assesses, makes recommendations to, and manages within a budget. Makes informed decisions and choices based upon priority, business necessity, and bottom line impact.
- Aids in the implementation and executes appropriate methods, practices, policies, procedures and change processes keeping employees informed of changes.
- Manages on call routing and scheduling to ensure required coverage.
- Provides direction to ensure accuracy of forecasted internal and outsourced call volume for the call center.
- Assists with the development of call center technology and productivity tools.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports performance data on key departmental initiatives.
- Creates an environment that fosters teamwork and accountability and positively impacts the customer experience.
- Provides input as well as communicates company strategy and motivates the CAE team toward achieving company vision.
- Ensures that work/escalated issues are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Hires, coaches, and evaluates CAE personnel and leadership based on performance standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Able and willing to travel up to 50% internationally; must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport within 45 days of accepting this position.
- 5 years of supervisory or management level experience in an operations or call center environment preferred.
- 2 years of experience supporting outsource vendors by providing training, systems support and operations support preferred.
- Ability to perform cross functionally in a heavily matrixed organization.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer