Comcast Technical Engineering Coach in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Senior most Service Assurance Engineering role within the Network Operations Center. Primarily responsible for managing customer network implementation and on-going network performance after initial engineering turn over. Intimately involved in knowledge transfer of design and operational readiness in Network Administration function for NOC overall. Responsible for leading project efforts to groom, manage and correlate network performance while solving operational challenges as they occur. Responsible for change elements and customer communication as network evolves. Identify key issues related to network, site or customer performance holistically while serving as technical operations liaison with Design and Network engineering team as required. Functionally lead large individual projects, troubleshooting operations issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, gaging new product or network implementation, review, validate and implement customer-requested configurations and design changes. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedure. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in multiple managed services solutions and vendor equipment. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
Responsible for the delivery of the learning curriculum and develops programs for employees, supervisors, and managers, that enhance performance and deliver a return on investment. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge
- Facilitates learning to develop participants' competencies and help learners meet specified performance expectations.
- Monitors linkage between curriculum and improved learner job performance; coaches participants back on the job, ensures learning translates to performance.
- Makes initial evaluation of learning and works with other Trainers and/or Training Managers to determine best methods to provide feedback to learners and their managers.
- Provides supervision of employees during training by tracking attendance, addressing inappropriate behavior, and documenting performance and development needs.
- Assists in revising existing courseware for training.
- Administers learning schedules, calendar, and maintains participant records during training.
- Uses the appropriate training model as a guideline to aid in the support of participant skill strength, gap identification, and development.
- Manages classroom environment to ensure a quality learning experience and escalates inappropriate behavioral issues to local management.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures related to learners and Trainers.
- Supports Comcast University content feedback loop to drive ongoing quality improvement to national training programs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Products and Services Supported
Custom implementations for large customers based on the following product set
Access (Circuits, Transport and Voice):
Support of on-net circuits including cable (BCI) and MetroEthernet (EDI, EPL, EVPL, ENS)
- Equipment supported
- All cable modems including Arris, Cisco BWG (3939b, 3941b) and DPC3008, Netgear (CG3000, 3000DCR, 3700) and SMC (D3G, Dory).
- Fiber handoffs including Ciena 3916, 3930, LE311V and Juniper ACX1100 and ACX1200 switches
Core routers including Cable Modem Termination Servers (CMTS) and other core routers (Cisco ASR9000 and ASR10000 series, Nexus, CRS3, Juniper MX960/EX4200/EX4550/MX2020).
- Tools used
- Cafe, Remedy, COMTRAC, Workbench, DonRiver, Century, CSG, SingleView, Scout, Watchtower, ILEX, Pivot, WUG, SevOne, EROne, various platform and manufacture based toolsets ( IE ECM, Fortinet, Meraki) etc.
Support of off-net circuits including DSL, cable, fiber and MetroEthernet (full off-net and off-net Type II MetroEthernet).
- Equipment supported
- A wide variety of provider demark equipment DSL modems, cable modems and Fiber handoffs. Models vary by provider.
- Configuration of off-net provider demark equipment including DSL and cable modems, T1 IADs and fiber ONTs to bridged, static, NAT, and PPPoE configurations to interface correctly with managed equipment.
- Tools Used
- Off-net provider online ticketing systems, Pivot, ILEX, DonRiver, and Century.
- Providers Interfaced With (Domestic and International)
Direct interface with off-net providers including Antietam Cable, Armstrong OneWire, AT&T, Atlantic Broadband, Bell Canada, Bell South, Blue Ridge, Brighthouse, Buckeye, Cable ONE, Cable Vision, CableSouth Media 3, CenturyLink, Charter, Cincinnati Bell, Clear Wireless, Comporium, Covad, COX Communications, Execulink Telecom Canada, Frontier, Global Capacity/Megapath, GTT Communications, Hawaiian Telecom, IBBS, Insight Cable/Communications, Longview Cable (Texas), MediaCom, Mid-Continent/MidCo, New Wave, Northland Communications, Optimum, Penn Teledata, PowerNet Global, Qwest, SageNet, SkyRiver, Spectrum, SuddenLink, Telnes, Toast Net, Time Warner Cable (TWC), Verizon, Vyve, Windstream (AllTel), WOW, XO Communications, Zayo Group, Zito Media and others.
- Coordination with off-net providers and customer help desks for provider dispatches.
Support of 3G/4G and satellite primary and backup circuits
- Equipment Supported
- Cradlepoint (250/450/650/750/1400/1600), FortiExtender (FEX40D), SonicWall EVDO, carrier EVDO cards, Feeny, ViaSat, VSAT and other solutions.
- Tools Used
- Cradlepoint ECM, Fortinet management tools, ViaSat portal, ILEX, Pivot.
- Providers Interfaced with (Domestic and International)
- Wireless and satellite providers including AT&T, AT&T Canada, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, ViaSat and SageNet to diagnose and repair access issues.
On-Net Voice including BCV, PRI, SIP, BVE and mixed orders
- Equipment Supported
- Cable Modems (eMTAs), AdTran 900 series, EdgeWater EdgeMark handoff devices and PolyComm VVX300, VVX400, VVX500 and other BVE handsets
- Tools Used
- IRIS, Neustar, EdgeView, BACC, BroadSoft BWAS, n-Command, Remedy, ILEX, Pivot, Cafe, CSG
Off-net and Over the Top Voice including BroadCloud, XCast, VeloCloud
- Equipment Supported
- Cisco and AudioCodes (MP112, MP118) ATAs, Dect 6.0, Yealink T21P, T46G, W52P, Panasonic and PolyComm VVX300, VVX400, VVX500 wired and wireless handsets.
- Tools used
- BroadSoft RIALTO management and activation, BroadSoft PacketSmart, XCast portal, VeloCloud portal, Pivot, ILEX, NeuStar
- Additional Support for Off-Net Voice
- Day of job porting of numbers in coordination with over the top providers.
- Managed Routers including Juniper, AdTran and Cisco (881, 1700, 2900, 3900 and 4000 series).
- Managed Security devices including Cisco Meraki MX series security appliances, FortiNet (60C, 60D, 60E, 90C, 90D), SonicWall (TZ200, TZ300), Cisco, Juniper and WatchGuard firewalls and adaptive security appliances (ASAs). Device-based configuration including VPN management, Whitelisting, WiFi (pre-share keys) and VLAN configuration
- Managed Switches including Cisco Meraki MS series, FortiNet FSW series, HP/Aruba 2500 series and Cisco
- Managed Access Points including Cisco Meraki MR series, FortiAP, AeroHive, HP/Aruba, SonicPoint and Mojo
- Managed CPE phone equipment and PBXs including Panasonic analog TDA700 and SIP TDA50 call managers, Dect 6.0, Yealink T21P, T46G, W52P, Panasonic and PolyComm VVX300, VVX400, VVX500 wired and wireless handsets, Cisco and AudioCodes ATAs
- Fax to email
- POE injectors
- Managed UPS solutions including WattBox, TrippLite and APC
Configuration and equipment management tools used
- FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer Cisco Meraki dashboard, Mojo Dashboard, WattBox portal, SolarWinds, WUG
- VPN and domain name management tools including DynS and DynECT
- Datacenter-located cloud VPN concentrators utilizing Ciena 5142 handoffs and FortiNet certificate-signed VPN solutions
- TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, PPPoE, PPP, NTP
- Must have CCNA and experience with Juniper, Adtran, Fortinet, and Meraki equipment
- Previous experience in LAN management
- Excellent understand of cable modems used in single site and multi-tenant locations
- Understanding of Ethernet, DSL, and 4G
- Previous training experience with Data and Voice solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation in a classroom environment
- Proven understanding and application of Adult Learning Theory
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization frontline technician through Engineer 4 and leadership
- Ability to display a commitment to promoting team spirit and working collaboratively to achieve team goals
- Ability to travel to up to 75% to locations within the Comcast footprint, with possible international travel
- Position may require shift work to accommodate business needs
- Coaching knowledge and experience with demonstrated ability to develop and/or improve skills application through self-assessment and/or constructive feedback (either as a people leader or as a senior-level peer)
- Previous experience with mentoring peers or others in a business setting and applying sound mentoring principles
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to tailor communication style and content when communicating information to leaders.
- Demonstrable commitment to continual personal and professional development
- History of building and creating collaborative groups with demonstrated ability to encourage best practice sharing, foster open communication and feedback, and encourage sharing learning experiences
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through various technology platforms and perform routine trouble-shooting when necessary.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer